Yet another diaryland fuck-up has caused me to resort to my backup of blogger. So what has been going on? I spent most of last week and this past weekend, working on my e-commerce supply chain management project. Basically, my group needed to build a supply chain agent that automatically builds and sells computers. Our agent would then enter a competiton run on rules and servers from TAC which is run by the Swedish Institute of Computer Science. Damn those Sweds. It is alot more complicated than I described because there is a whole lot of shit to think about like procurement, lead times, factory utilization, customer offer prices and about a million other things. Plus the agent is written in Java. So our group stayed up to like 4 AM last week before the big competition on Friday. So how did our agent do? Well it lost roughly 200 million dollars overall. Our code was still buggy so it threw some major exceptions and bugs that caused us to tank. As I alluded to earlier in my previous post over at diaryland, I didn't end up doing much on this project besides thinking up a basic procurement strategy, testing, and getting everyone coffee several times. If I am going to a fifth wheel, then I might as well but a somewhat useful fifth wheel. But this past week and week before it, caused some major disruptions in my diet and sleep patterns. Plus my stupid bank is fucking with me also. So all and all, not a great past couple days. I am getting back on track with sleeping, eating, and I am going to hit the gym for the first time in a long time tomorrow.
Well my first year of grad school is almost over. I have finals for 502 and 503 later this week. My e-commerce final is next monday. So I should be studying for them right now but I am blogging instead since I realized I have not added an entry in a long while. 622 is thankfully almost over since Noor and Amy gave our presentation last Tuesday. This is one of the few times I have been a group and have not ended up presenting. They did a great job and I did offer help by offering some helpful tips which were so helpful Amy and Noor wanted to wring my neck after we got done practicing. Of course that is like almost everyone of our group meetings. I will give more a post-mortem after the actual semester is done with. So besides schoolwork, what has been happening? Over a week ago, I went and played lasertag with the SAA, which is the archives student group, and SOCHI, which is the human computer interaction student group. We played against each other and I joined the archives group since they were short a few people. All of those times I played lasertag with Phill, Cheng, and Vishnu back in college really paid off. I got the high score on my team. Unfortunately our team got murdered by SOCHI. I played my patented strategy of just firing a shitload of shots. My accuracy was low but I sure hit a lot of people (including people on my own team but nevermind that). Afterward, we went to CPK for some dinner.
I also went to 2nd year David's b-day party last week. I brought some wine that the visiting day guy who crashed at our place had given us for letting him crash. It was merlot and like in the movie Sideways, nobody fucking drank merlot that night. And yes, I am a re-gifter. Other than that, no much is happening other my duties as SISA Treasuer which are much more than I bargined for. I thought it would be much more embezzling and abusing money than paperwork, meetings, and sitting on the 3rd floor landing of West Hall trying to sell T-shirts. In one and a half hours, I sold one T-shirt and two car window clings (one to myself). Thankfully being an officer has it perks like free food. I will be having lunch with the deans tomorrow and then getting taken out at least two more times on the school's dollar. Whoo yah!
So I have a shitload of work coming up so I probably won't post again until after finals when I am nice and drunk from all the drinking I plan on doing. Until then. Peace.