Diaryland is again going through its periodic ass-sucking time, so I am again utilizing my backup of Blogger. I actually wrote the below entry two days but never got around to posting it since I have been pretty busy of late
Argh.... been quite an eventful week and half or so since I last updated. First off, I got sick the weekend before last. So I ended up missing about a day and half of class because of it. Plus I going through one of my custom bouts of laziness/lack of motivation which means I have been running behind in my schoolwork. Later that week, I celebrate my classmate's Nabeeha's birthday at the classy Red Lobster (why they choose it is beyond me) but it turned out to be a lot of fun. You can see pictures of it on my
website as usual seeing that I am becoming a digital camera ho according to Vishnu. I will post some photos on my
photo blog also.
Schoolwork has sorta been keeping me busy. Like I said, I have been running behind in stuff and not even doing my reading for 502/503. Actually I haven't been reading much of anything recently. My midterms went okay. I mucked up my ecommerce midterm by making some boneheaded mistakes and I barely beat the mean on my 503 midterm. So I suppose I am content, and hoping the B+ mandated average in my program is really true. Oh yeah, I did that phone interview with HP which went okay (nothing spectacular). So I decided right then and there to officially accept KPMG's offer. It is a good position with a high name value and it will provide some good experience. After I officially accepted, I got a call from the guy I initially interviewed with (a senior manager who I thought was interviewing me while getting coffee) telling me they are giving me a hiring bonus! Holy shit that is cool of them. I won't say how much but to me, it is a sizable amount and definitely a welcomed surprise. And of course ironically again, I get contacted again by HP, this time by another group in Austin for a first round interview. Timing man...just messed up timing.
But enough with this school and job shit, what else has been going on? SI Visiting Days is coming up so a whole bunch of newly admitted students will be visiting our school (much like I did back in 2003). I am going to head out with a few them on Sunday (or at least that is the plan) but one guy wanted to spend a few days in Ann Arbor beforehand to look for housing. So Ursula volunteered our place since we got a spare room since Mike left. So this guy will be crashing with us. Hopefully he doesn't burn down the place.
I also played my first game of broomball for the SI Decimators, my program's intramural broomball team. I missed the first game since I forgot and was sick anyway. Last night, I played along with five other people. I haven't played broomball, which guy the way is a really low-brow version of hockey except you don't wear skates, and hit a ball instead of a puck), in about 2 to 3 years. I fell down a lot and accidently swung my stick into the fortunately helmeted head of girl on the opposing team. We played Tenacious D and shut-out the other team. I did mess up my left arm though when I tried to arrest my fall.
After the SISA meeting on Thursday, I went and hanged out with my fellow SISA officers, Sylvie, Erika, John plus some friends including my 622 teammate Amy. Quite a bit of juicy gossip about SI and people we knew exchanged during that evening, which included a view of Old School. Always a good choice.
Last night, Erika, Cameron and I worked on making our SI Exposition poster. It took much longer than we all expected because of some forsseable delays that we didn't bother to address such as getting lost on the way to Target, Cameron's printer running out of ink, Erika ditching us when we were following her back to her place, and both Target and Meijer being out of the exact cartridge she needed. At least we go to see lots of Ann Arbor. We did 95% percent finish the poster which will be supplemented with a presentation I came up with and our printed report. All and all our table is going to kick some ass. Plus we went on a sushi binge with Maurice and Carolyn. So a good evening (if not long evening was had by all).
Today, I had a 622 group meeting and 652 group meeting so I have been occupied pretty all day. I am going to play poker with Jenn, David, and a few others and hopefully not lose my shirt. I'll bring my fedora as my poker playing hat. That is all for now folks. Hopefully, I'll be back on Diaryland for my next entry. Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment