Sunday, April 13, 2008

Circles

by Soul Coughing from El Oso

Hi all. No I am not dead nor is this blog. I am suffering from one of my typical bouts of laziness and haven't been updating as much as I would like. Quite frankly, there has been little to report. As I have said many times before, post-college/grad school life seems to consist of mostly routine and occasional new things. Quite honestly, the only reason why I am blogging right now is to avoid working on this paper for CSCW that doesn't seem to want to write itself. I guess I am in this hovering pattern in life when I am supposedly making progress but nothing really dramatic happens. So yeah, I will do my best to update on what I can. Oh yeah my last entry got cut off accidentally since I made an edit but then lost the rest of the post. I tried to retrieve but alas, it is gone from Internet memory forever.

What's going on at work? Two projects that I have worked on have finally launched. One is called Google Ad Manager and the other is called Demographic Bidding. The former project is what I was traveling extensively (MN, NYC, London, Philadelphia, N. Carolina, and others) for last year doing field work. It is a strange feeling actually having something you worked on be released out to the world. And it is always nice to hear lovely comments from the public.

Besides work, what has been going on? Well, for the first time, I have decided to go on a "diet" with the purpose of watching my health. This has never been a problem in the past because I was underweight for most of the past 10 years. So I decided to limit myself to one caffenaited drink per week and I gave up fast food. So yeah it is not like I am doing Atkins or the Zone but I thought after the triathlon I should try live more healthy. I suppose I could give up drinking but yeah that would prevent me from drinking half a pitcher of sangeria like I did when Srah came into town. In addition, I have been riding my bike more often. I also signed up to ride 25 miles in the Tour De Cure in Napa coming up in May. In addition, I am thinking about doing another sprint triathlon in the summer.

Some not-so-future news is that I bought tickets to see Flight of the Conchords in SF in May. So yeah I super stoked to see them. Apparently, none of my friends seem to like them because they either can't stand them or as a CWP$ did, declared them "terrible" after watching less than two minutes of them. In contrast, I suffered through all of Kill Bill Vol. 1 and fell asleep through almost all of Kill Vol. 2 before declaring both movies a "immature, mindless, insult to my intelligence." Yeah apparently, some people only like high-brow affair. In in even more future news, I bought tickets to see Oasis play up in Seattle in August. So I will take a trip there to go see my favorite band yet again!

Yeah I better get back to attempting to write this paper. Quite honestly, the more I read it, the less I like it. I thought I had an interesting topic but academicizing it into a paper seems to have killed the interest I had it. Oh well, we'll see what happens. Anyway, until next time - peace.

2 comments:

srah said...

Lucky! I didn't order FOTC tickets, and I'm sure they're sold out by now.

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.