Monday, July 09, 2007

Lyla

Hello from the Blendz coffehouse on Robson Street here in beautiful Vancouver, Canada! Olga needed to travel to Canada for some immmigration stuff so I decided to tag along to chill out. What do I think of Vancouver? Well it looks a lot like the Bronx from Rumble in the Bronx, Oakland from Romeo Must Die, many different locations from Battlestar Galatica and the X-Files Seasons 1-5 and any other movie/TV series that has used Vancouver as a substitute for the city they actually should be in. In all seriousness, Vancouver is a beautiful city. I biked through Stanley Park, which is quite scenic. On a side note, I must say, even though I boast I have plenty of AzIaN PRiDe, Asian tourists can be really annoying. We were biking through Stanley Park, which has a separate paved path for walkers and for bikers/rollerbladers (apparently roller blading is still cool in Canada - thus proving that Canadians are still the dorky/uncool cousins to Americans). Needless to say, all these Asian tourists apparently couldn't tell from the little rollarblader and biker symbols/signs on the road to say off the path. So they would be walking on it PLUS not getting out of the way. They would cross over the path without looking. The most annoying is that some idiotic Asian tourist had his car door open along the path so it was blocking it. I mean why I don't just run-over/collide with an 60 year Asian grandpa on my $5 dollar/hour rented bike... I mean (in Gob Arrested Development voice) - COME ON!

I was went to Gas Town, which is some tourist area of Vancouver. It has a steam powered clock which sounds about as interesting as it is in real life. Also saw some French movie called Paris, je t'aime, which was quite good. People up there seem nice plus I hear much more French than I am used too. The bubble tea here is also equivalent to that of the Bay Area. Food here is also great. Went to a good Korean place the night I arrived and then a good Seafood place last night. I also did some shopping because I realized my clothes are looking like...well like crap.

In other news, I went to count'em, three BBQs on the 4th of July. I went to Cindy's one for Lunch, stopped by George's in the afternoon, and the had dinner BBQ with Jinah and Drew. And overall very gluttonous day on my part. I also have been shopping for a bike with CWP$ and DJ. I have settled on this hybrid bike and have test-ridden it. In a quite ironic moment, I was pulling into the bike shop parking lot and then my car got a flat tire. So I plan on buying it later this week and riding to work on days that I don't have boot-camp. So that is pretty much what is up with me. I gotta run since my battery is dying. Until next time, peace...Canadian style.

No comments: