Rockin Chair
Hello yet again. My blogging has become less and less frequent as with the readership of this blog apparently. Ah well, I guess this place will always be my place to vent and ramble against things I don't like...which is pretty much everything. So what has been going on? Not much apparently. Of recent news worthy of note, I got a belated birthday gift from Jinah and Drew of a brand spanking new watch. I have been watchless since Michigan so I got a new nice one that I can show off. In other news, I ran the Hang 10K relay at work with 3 of my co-workers. Unfortunately, I had boot camp earlier that week that really worked over my legs so my legs were throbbing by the time I finished my leg. Thankfully I ran the first leg, unlike last time where I had to sprint to the finish to hold off a guy behind me.The next two things that happened relate to the major point of this entry, which is yet again, growing old. Weekend before I last, I was at Santana Row with Jinah and Drew where I ran into a former classmate of mine and his terribly unfriendly wife. Walter filled me on all the gory details of their almost completely arranged marriage. One of the major bits that I remember (besides the golddigging, the manipulation of family, extreme jealousness, and controlling nature of said unfriendly wife), did stand out very much. Walter was telling me this sad tale of marriage arrangeness and I kept asking why did my old classmate go through with it. Walter replied that our classmate's father had basically told him that he was "getting to that age" where he needed to settle down and get married. My former classmate is two years younger than me. Just goes to show you that yes, perhaps not all advice from one's elders is good advice. It also shows that quite disturbingly that people think 26 is the "getting old/settling down" age.
Also on that note, I went to a house warming party this past weekend. It was a mixture of crowds, which consisted of the group I usually hang with and another group that were friends of some of the housemates, which were mostly recent college grads. Anyway, when I arrived at this party I soon realized that at the ripe old age of 28, I was the oldest person at the party, something which I don't think has been case since...well ever. Thankfully, Percy showed up and he out-olds me by a wide margin. But for a short-time, it did sorta freak me out. I remember back when I graduated from SCU, the first two or so years after were alot of hanging out, still reminscing about undergrad at times, and the whole still trying to figure out what the hell you want to do. Plus the recent college grad age-range allows for some acceptable level of immaturity, which was on full display at this party. Altough such level does not include throwing up the sink which apparently somebody did at this party. Anyway, it was sorta weird watching these recent grads because I remember that time five or so years back and now realizing that yeah, I am not at that phase anymore - hence being the oldest person at the party (granted for a short-time).
Anyway, tying this all up and I went to Valco (the once good mall that has now hit rock bottom) to watch Knocked Up today with Walter. Anyway, many people have commented how great Valco was and how back in the day, you could go to either Valley Fair or Valco for decent shopping. Somewhere along the way, Valley Fair got more popular and therefore better and Valco got crappier and crappier. For a while, I couldn't understand it because Valco had a decent location. I just thought it was all the good stores left for Valley Fair. But as I walking through the now almost empty Valco mall to kill time before the movie, I dawned on me that Valco looks...well old. If you watch like early 90's action or teen movies that take place in malls, well it looks like that...except it is 2007. Which got me thinking, do I now look or feel, well for the lack of a better term, old? I sure hope I don't. Because I have a great deal of immaturity left in me plus a strong disdain for pretty much everything domesticated in life. Enough of me and my paranoia. Until next time, peace.
1 comment:
Jeff and I went to watch 1408 last night at 8:25 with another couple our age and they pointed out that we were the oldest people in the theater.
Made me feel sad.
Post a Comment