Champagne Supernova
Hello again after a bit of a break. I've been occupied by a few things these past few weeks. So this will be a mucho grande long entry for those who like short entries. First off, I am typing this entry from Jinah's place in San Pablo. Yup, I am back in the bay area. I have been here a week and will be taking the red eye back to Ann Arbor in about 5 hours. I flew out to attend CWP$'s bachelor party in Vegas. Now I cannot go into details about said party but rest assured it was a low key event that involved only the highest of moral behavior and conduct. I will say two things. First, 10 of us took a RV to Las Vegas. Now the ride there was fun. 10 guys chilling in a RV but since it is not a good idea to drive a RV too fast, it took us like 11 hours to get there. Also parking that huge RV was an ordeal. But the RV itself was decked out with microwave, sleeping areas, a bed, shower, kitchen, and shower. While in Vegas, one of the activites we partook in was shooting at a gun range. It was my second time shooting. I shot a Sig Sauer pistol which happens to be the same gun that Agent Fox Mulder uses on my favorite TV show, the X-Files. So yeah, I was able to get a little closer to the ultimate coolness of Fox Mulder/David Duchovny. The ride back in the RV was not as fun. Partly because I, along with many others, had very little sleep plus I was recovering from activities which may or may not have occurred during the bachelor party. Overall, I had a kick ass time, not to mention a much lighter wallet (again which may or may not have been the result of activities partaken during that weekend). Besides the bachelor party, I went to my first meadery. Mead is wine made from honey, which is quite good. I especially like these honey ciders which tastes really good and are really alcoholic.The other reason why I flew back was to look for housing when I move back permanently. First off, rents got higher while I was away. Damn you recovering economy! But ended up putting a deposit down on a place that I liked that is pretty big plus they are installing new appliances, hard wood floors, and carpets. I saw worse places for higher rent. So it looks like I am going to jestion plenty of my stuff and pack the rest of it into my car. Yup, I am again doing the Michigan to California road trip. Yeah, I checked the prices for car delivery and it was mucho expensive. I am not looking forward to the trip seeing how high gas prices area. So I will be back in AA for a week or two packing my stuff and then away I go. Not that I would look forward to a flight either. I was figuring it out. I have done with Detroit/CA flight (SFO, SJC, OAK) nine times during the past three years and I have taken 13 plane flights in the past 3 years total. That may not be so many to some but in the period from 1998 to 2002, I took a grand total of zero plane flights. So prepare again for yet another road trip blog entry or two from me pretty soon.
Before I left Ann Arbor, I hung out with Jude, Serene, and Diana. That was a fun ole time. Jude and I also attended the Dean Search committiee meeting for student feedback. Some of you may question why as an alumni would I got to a committee meeting to find a dean that I won't even be around for. Well for those ignorant fools, I can only say: free food. Hey, I haven't started work yet. So it looks like my time in Ann Arbor is finally coming to an end. I think it is time to go since everyone seems to be leaving, including Amy who left a few weeks back and had a nice going away thing at Ashleys.
On a side note, YouTube is like one of the most awesome things ever. I have been watching full episodes of Scrubs that been uploaded. Apparently NBC doesn't care about the series because I have been able to watch almost the entire 5th season. It is funny as hell. Anyway, I hope everyone is enjoying their summers. Until next time, Peace
2 comments:
Where will you be living? Will you be having a housewarming party before me? :)
hey, i'll be in the detroit area this weekend (gotta hit ikea & see my dad for the holiday & the extendastay ain't gonna miss me), likely stopping in ann arbor sometime on saturday.
Post a Comment