Rock n Roll Star
Wow, I have decided add an entry must sooner than I normally would. Maybe it is because of the Noor's blogging presentation that just got done in 688. Or maybe it is because I have some time to kill before I go to a Xerox Meet and Greet where I plan on bogarting free appetizers. Or maybe it is because I have become to the realization that I am a rock star at SI. That is either a testament to how kick ass I am or how low SI's standards are. Now I bet there are some people who think differently about my rock star status, well screw you because I will prove how rock starish I am (well rock star without the groupies and cocaine habit).1. Who has two thumbs and had a sizable influence for the two information system presentations just now in 688? This guy! Erika presented Post Secret based off my suggestion to her last week and when Noor presented her blog, the entry she displayed was about me! (I was the person who forgot his digital camera). Still not convinced? Let's move onto #2?
2. Who has two thumbs and is pictured on the SI Exposition flyers that are being posted in West Hall? This guy! Yup, add that to yet another place where my picture is being used to advertise stuff going on at SI.
3. Who has two thumbs and will be emceeing the SI Revue? Sylvie! Well yeah she is but I will be acting as co-emcee for the evening. For those not in the loop, the SI Revue is a fundraiser for Alternative Spring Break that includes musical and dance performances. Now Sylvie and I haven't discussed the particulars about how we are going emcee the event. In my mind, there are two schools of thought on this. The first is the dignified host like Walter Cronkite or something or the funny, comedy routine host like Johnny Carson, Jon Stewart, Chris Rock, or Billy Crystal. Now my talents are wasted on the dignifed style and my talents are probably not good enough for the second style. So I will muddle through somehow. I have some great ideas for different routines we could do. But for those of you who won't be able to attend (its Feb 10th), here is a little sneak preview of what I have mind:
Sylvie: Thank you and welcome to the SI Revue! It is going to be an exciting and fun evening of music and dance. Isn't that right, David?
David: That's right Sylvie! Prepare to be amazed...
Audience: BOOOOOO!!!!
David: Oh stop your booing! I can feel the scorn from this crowd! Well I'll tell you what? I'll fight you for it! Pick your champion and I will fight him right here, right now! Who will fight me!?!?!
Big Boss Man: Oh yeah! I will fight you. I'm the Big Boss Man from Cobb County, Georgia and you'll be doing HARD TIME!
David: What is a former WWF wrestling star from the 80's doing at a fundraiser for University of Michigan School of Information Alternative Spring Break program? By the way, didn't you die two years ago from a heart attack?
Big Boss Man: No comment
Okay, so maybe it will not turn out that way. But rest assured, it will be a fun evening that will go to benefit a great cause. I encourage everyone to attend, tickets are only $10. Until next time, peace.
4 comments:
First off, that post was about you and Rasika forgetting things.
Second, the only reason I showed it was because it was the most recent post.
Hence yet another reason why I am a rock star!
Lololol
oh boy
wonder if I can get another guy who's tall enough and can speak understandably before the 11th to emcee.
Post a Comment