Diaryland is again on the fritz so I am going to add this entry on blogger again. My backup so to say since I am too lazy to move my entire journal over here. Maybe in the future if Diaryland is still on the fritz. Well release night last Friday went south. Turns out the new code wasn't being picked up by the main web server that night so it was fucking over some apps. I had to come in during the morning and test it out. It worked then of course, 9 hours after it should have. The main consequence of this was that I couldn't go to the Human Race, which I was training for. Pissed me off to no extent. I am not really enjoying my job (like I ever did). I have been doing some more testing but mostly I have been surfing the web for Asian American sites. Well I forgot to mention on release night, that I went out for a short while to McCarthy ranch to the borders there and bought the High Fidelity soundtrack. I really liked the movie and the soundtrack is just as good. I have been reading up about it and High Fidelity is originally a book by Nick Hornby set in London. Except for the movie, John Cusack (who was at a Giants/Cubs game I was at) and his friends adapted it so that is takes place in Chicago and put in a whole bunch of music that they liked or related to their lives. The actual movie soundtrack unfortunately does not have all the music in the movie (licensing fees would have been through the roof but it has most of the good songs.) You can see all the songs in the movie and on the soundtrack over at
Amazon . Anyway, I thought the whole idea of having a soundtrack to your life was pretty cool and I liked to listen to music so I came up with some songs that I remember listening to back in the day and sorta define periods in my life.
In semi-chronilogical order or as best as I can remember them:
1995 -1996 - Actually start listening to music besides the adult easy listening shit that my mom's listens to when driving me to swim practice
"Stars" by Hum
"I Gotta a Girl" by Trippin Daisy
"I Need You Around" by the Smoking Popes
"Lighting Crashes" by Live
"Story of My Life" by Social Distortion
"In the Waiting Room" by Fugazi
"Misery" by Soul Asylum
"JAR" by Green Day
1996 - early 98 - My shitty senior year in h.s and my even more shitty freshman year at UC Davis
"I Will Survive" by Cake
"Life in Mono" by Mono
"Ocean" by Sebadoh
"Novacaine for the Soul" by the Eels
"Jump Right In" by The Edge
"Got you (where I want you)" by the Flys
"Flat Tire" by Athenaeum
"Summertime" by the Sundays
"Radiation Vibe" by Fountains of Wayne
Summer 98 - 2000 - putting my shit together at De Anza
"Snow on the Sahara" by Anggun
"History of a Boring Town" by Less Than Jake
"Circles" by Soul Coughing
"Truly Truly" by Grant Lee Buffalo
"1000 Oceans" by Tori Amos
"All the Kids are Right" by Local H
"Life's a Bitch" by Shooter
"At the Stars" by Better Than Ezra
2000 - 2002 - Working my ass off at SCU
"Yellow" by Coldplay
"Walk On" by U2
"Friends and Family" by Trik Turner
"Sorry Now" by Sugar Ray
"By Your Side" by Sade
"Photograph" by Weezer
"Someday" by the Cure
2002 - now Post Graduation, my 20's, and wage slavery
"Honestly" by Zwan
"Freak Show" by Stretch Princess
"What Will It Take" by Alma
"Why Can't I" by Liz Phair
"Side" by Travis
"The Scientist" by Coldplay
Quite an extensive list by I know there is more that I just cannot think of right now. Like my soft easy listening days tthat I care not to remember. But hopefully I'll be back on diaryland next time. Until then.
No comments:
Post a Comment