Sunday, February 08, 2009

It's All Been Done

by the Barenaked Ladies from Stunt

Hello again to those of you who are stilling following me in the blogosphere. Time for a quick update so rest assured that this won't be a mega long rant like many of the past posts have been. First things first is that I hosted a Super Bowl party last weekend at my place. It was the first hosted event I have done in quite a while (since my birthday in 2007 I believe). It was either my place or somebody else's who will remain unnamed. I rearranged some furniture to better accommodate TV watching so my apartment now has a slightly different look. The one of the downsides in moving my furniture is that my ancient desk finally broke so I now have to start looking for a new one. Another downside is although many people showed up a few people who said yes didn't show up plus a slew of people didn't even bother to look at the evite that I sent out. I must say that I would be lying if I didn't have some hurt feelings. As for the game itself, it was interesting but I was mostly rooting for the Super Bowl commercials, which I must say where disappointing this year.

In other news, I think I may have been part of a group that set a world record last week. It has been well documented that Google has a what is known as a conference bike. It is a 7 person bike that can be used for team building fun among other things. A few coworkers got the idea that we should ride it about 16 miles through Palo Alto, up Old La Honda Road to Skyline Blvd. So I volunteered to be part of the group. I originally thought I would be on riding along side the conference bike crew on my own bike but it turns out we switched off. So I ended up riding on the conference bike a good part of the way. Needless to say it was interesting experience. I think the photos speak for themselves.

There was very little else to report going on with me at the moment. I went to an antique paper fair in Golden Gate Park last week and missed the De Anza flea market for the first time in many months. Work-wise I did write a short blog post for the Chromium blog about user experience research. So yeah it must be slow goings for me right now since that is all I have to say (about that if I were quoting Forest Gump). Until next time, peace.

No comments: