Sunday, December 07, 2008

I'm Outta Time

by Oasis from Dig Out Your Soul

Geez I can't believe its December. Where did this year go? So what has been going on with me recently? Well lots for a change. First thing is that my case study got rejected by CHI, the conference I wanted to go to. For some reason they had 9 reviewers review it. Some of the criticism was valid but I think a great deal was not. Essentially, they brought up points that would be covered in paper but not a case study. Essentially, they criticized for not being a paper. Well its a case study for a reason. Anyway, I could say some immature thing about those reviewers but I will take the higher road and not....actually what the hell. Like they are going to read this blog anyway. So:

Fuck you fuckers. Why are you guys so fucking anal about fucking nitpicking apart a case study like a fucking paper when it ain't a fucking paper you fucking retards. You're just fucking jealous that I fucking work at fucking Google while you are stuck in a fucking shit bird company or ass soul sucking university.

Yes, I would like to think of myself as a gracious person. But what else has been going on? Well this past week I saw Oasis again in concert at the Oakland Arena. I have to say this show was just a good as the Seattle show I saw back in August. If you hadn't noticed, I really like Oasis. So what if they don't come up with the most experimental sound like Radiohead. As much as Vishnu mocks it, they deliver a certain sound which I like and it may be predictable but it doesn't stop it from sounding good to me. They played an almost similar set as their show in Seattle so I didn't get to hear Live Forever again. But I still very much enjoyed it. I even got to witness a fight that took place right in front of me. There was this asshole and his girlfriend who were standing right in front of us. They were jerks because the girl stood up on her chair, thus blocking the view of everyone in back of her. So I told her to sit down and her asshole boyfriend gets mad at me. Like 3 minutes later so dude with a beard stands at the end of the row. The asshole lunges at him and they get into a fight that envelops 4 or 5 other people. The non-top notch security at the Arena finally breaks it up and then asshole and his girlfriend try to sneak away and pretend they were not part of it. But some girl rats them out and then the asshole couple's other friend totally rips into the tattler. Luckily security finally hauled all of them away. So it was an interesting concert plus I went to Top Dog afterward in Berkeley.

For Thanksgiving, I had dinner with my sister and her in-laws. We then went to the SF Auto Show again. This year was quite sad because of the bad economy. Many of the manufacturers cut back on their displays. I heard they even canceled the last day of the show due to poor turnout. I actually had a reason to go to the show this year because I am planning on getting a new car next year. The Maxima served me well for the past 7 years but it is getting pretty old. I am looking at the VW GTI but will be exploring my options.

I recently suffered a somewhat embarrassing injury at the gym last week. But first off, I want to rant about certain types of people who go to gyms. Most gym goers are nice but these three jerk types show up at every gym I have ever been to, including the Google gym where I work out.

1. The Screamer (aka the Roider): You most likely heard these guys. They are the ones who spend all their time at the free weights and bench press, screaming out their rep count for all to hear. They then throw their weights down on the ground after they finish their last rep and shout, grunt, or bellow to show they are really strong men. At Michigan, there was a quite well-known screamer who once got so angry he couldn't finish his last rep that he swatted his water bottle clear across to the other side of the gym.

2. The Sweater: When I do work out, I sweat like most people. But there are some people with really overactive sweat glands who end up being drenched in sweat after even 15 minutes of working out. Besides being not personally hygenic and not swelling too good, these people leave pools of sweat on all the equipment after they get done. I would ask them to clean it off with their towels but guess what, those are soaked through with sweat too! It's called deorderant! Use it, live it, be it.

3. The Squatter: The squatter is the guy who shows up to the gym everyday, all the time, but never seems to work hard and thus never seems to get more fit. They are the people who stay on the trend mill for an hour but set it at 1 mile per hour. They are the ones who do the weight machines but set it a 5 lbs for each rep. There is this really annoying squatter at the Google gym who is there all the time but still looks overweight and bloated even though I have seen almost every time I am there for the past year. He once grabbed an exercise ball to do yes, count'em, two sit-ups before putting it back. Whoa there pal, don't want to overexert yourself!

But getting back to my embarrassing injury. I take my boot camp exercise class after work three days a week. So last Thursday I was in class, doing jump-ups which are where you jump onto a bench and then back down as fast you can. You can adjust the height of the bench by adding risers to it. So the guy who did the jump-ups before me set it pretty high since he is in pretty great shape. So when it comes to my turn, I decided to see if I can jump-up to the same height. So on my first one, I jump-up but land on the bench awkwardly and then quite hilariously the bench collapses. I end up falling flat on my back and ass in full view of my fellow classmates. Now this would have all chuckle worthy had my arm not landed hard on one of the risers and ended up swelling up quite badly. I iced it for the rest of the night and then swelling went down considerably. But yeah it was not a fun time.

So what is in store for me? Well the holidays of course. This year is gonna be a subdued year it looks like because of the crappy economy. But I will going out, shopping and hopefully trying to wring some holiday cheer this year. And of course, I will adding my customary hollidaze, year in the review entry on Christmas eve. So be on the look out for that. So thanks for reading. It has been a while since I went on one of my famous rants. Happy holidays, seasons greetings, and peace on earth.

1 comment:

Noor said...

So I love my Jetta but I gotta warn you - it has not been the most reliable car. I don't know if all VWs are that way or if it is just the 2003 Jetta but expect major maintenance problems once a year after 40,000 miles.

It's a shame because they're really fun cars and super cute. I'm thinking about buying a new car in the next two years and as much as I love my car, there's no way I'm buying another VW.