Monday, September 04, 2006

A Quick Peep

This will be short for a change much to relief to those in my blog reading audience. There is not much to report from the past week or so. Work was busy since I had reports to write and then I did my first field study at Google. I did sign up for the Google 10k relay. It is going to be wednesday after next where I will run a 2.5K leg along with my three other teammates. We dubbed ourselves Team 56K , which could be interpreted as being slow or that we are able to run 56K. I leave it to you to decide. I just hope not to end up crawling on the ground, completely exhausted. Also this past week, I took Jinah to Google for lunch and she was throughly impressed. In other news, I got my hands on Arrested Development season 3. I watched the entire season in one night (which turned out to be a bad idea, not because the series is bad but because I stayed up way too late for work the next day).

I had a relaxing Labor Day weekend. On Saturday, I went to the De Anza Flea Market, which is my monthly custom. This time I actually did buy some stuff. Usually I walk away empty handed. I bought some cheap chopsticks, used books/DVDs, and workout gloves. However, I mostly go the market to check out the random stands and booths. Including my favorite, the silly hat stand, which had a wide assortment of old time hats such as bowlers, fedoras, newsie caps and others. Of course, I tried on a bowler and did my best British accent, which apparently sounds Austrailian. Later that day, I went to the Great Mall and checked out the outlets with Cheng and DJ. We ended up watching Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, which I have been wanting to watch for the past month. It did not dissapoint. Hands down, the funniest movie I have seen all summer. I spent Labor Day, mostly doing labor actually. I did some shopping and bought a bookshelf. I have commented to many people who have hosted parties at their places, that a strategically laid out bookshelf can really raise your profile with your guests. It is always good to mix up your books to show that you have a wide variety of tastes and interests. This shows to people who look at your book collection, that you are cultured, sophisticated, and scholarly. I have to admit my book collection is not quite there yet. Itis mostly usability, MIS, non-fiction, and a some classic novels mixed in. Need to get some more erudite books in there. Like some high brow philosophy books or critical analysis of 17th century French existentialism or something like that. Similiar to my apartment, my book collection is a work in progress. Yes, I superficially want to impress people with my apartment and books rather than my personality. It justs seems easier to me.

So to end this entry, I thought I would tack on something to this entry regarding people who are wrong all the time and never held responsible for it (aka the "hedgehogs") I talked about last week. Anyway, there are many hedgehogs in our pathetic excuse of a presidential administration, most notably Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld. Keith Olbermann of Countdown on MSNBC responded to Rumsfeld idiotic and down right insulting speech to the American Legion a while back. You should take a look or read it. It is well worth it. Well summer is non-offically over so I hope everyone had a good one. I know I did. So until next time, peace.

No comments: