Sunday, February 12, 2006

Love Like a Bomb

Right now, I should be working on my first eCommunities paper but I feel compelled to blog and procrastinate. So what has been going on? Well, this past Saturday I co-emceed the SI Revue with Sylvie, which was quite an experience. I hope everyone who attended enjoyed the performances and had fun. A lot of work went into the show but of course, little was from me. Some highlights (in no particular order) of my performance (since it is the only that matters to me) are:
  1. Heckling Sylvie at the start of the show
  2. Doing the Talk to the Audience sketch and getting rhetorically smacked down by Paul
    Resnic, Joan Durrance, and John King for making fun of the CIC vest.
  3. Refering to George Furnas as the "distinguished gentlemen in the back."
  4. Gettting dragged off stage by Maurice
  5. Introducing a performance that required a piano and then noticing that noone had bothered to set it up.
There were many more and I had a great time. I had lots o' fun at the after party where I learned to break the bottom of beer bottles off by hitting the top of it with my palm. But what else is going on? Well Valentine's Day is fast approaching. For you long-time Dave blog readers, you know that means the threat of my dreaded Valentine's day curse. Aside from the fact that I have always been single on Valentine's, a disportionate amount of bad stuff has happened to be me on Valentine's Day. Now something bad doesn't happy to me on every Valentine's Day but a disportinate amount of stuff has. Some highlights in chronological order:

Third or Fourth Grade: It is a cloudly but otherwise dry morning so I ride my bike to school. Unfortunately, its starts raining. But not just any type of raining but a torential downpour that turns to be one of the most wet days in Santa Clara County history. Obviously my bike is soaked and don't even get me started on how it feels to ride home on a soaked bike seat. As I go around a corner, my bike slips out from under me and I land in a huge puddle, which is not actually true becauseit was more like a stream of water heading towards the drain but the drains ended up being clogged with leaves. So I got soaked plus all the Valentines I got from my class fell out and got soaked also.

Fifth Grade I think: My mom and I get into a car accident picking up my sister from a Valentine's Day dance. Of course the guy who hits us has no insurance.

1999: The night before Valentine's Day, I start to feel a little dizzy. I just assume it is because I had a long day and decided to sleep it off. The next day (Valentine's Day) I am totally sick. Like unable to keep my balance sick. So I stay in bed for a great deal of the day, miserable. The day after Valentine's Day I am completely fine.

2001: I have a super hard Systems Analysis and Design midterm on Valentine's Day. This midterm is especially hard since it is written by a very bitter professor who seemed to hate teaching. I got a pretty good score on the exam none the less, not the best way of spending of it. The lowest score you could get on the exam was a C because he stopped grading after you missed a certain amount of questions, the prof just gave up grading anymore. Let's just say many students midterms only had the first two questions graded because he had stopped grading because they had missed everything on them.

2002: I have yet another super hard Object Oriented Programming midterm on Valentine's Day. Usually the average score on these midterms is a 60-65 meaning a great deal of the class get 40's and 30's. I got the average but yet again, spending an hour and half trying to decipher and write Java code is no way to spend Valentine's Day.

So what will happen on this Valentine's Day? Who knows. But it is late now and I should work on my eCommunities paper. Until next time, Peace.

1 comment:

Syl said...

but it has to be somewhat amusing for us inquiring souls ...